CT Hemp Conference & Trade Show
February 26, 2020
Maneeley's Conference Center - South Windsor, CT
The Connecticut Hemp Conference and Trade Show is the first of its kind in the state of Connecticut. Hemp, an emerging industry, is both environmentally sustainable and durable. The goal of the conference is to bring together advocates, cultivators, and businesses interested in the industry. The conference will cover healthy soils practices, local policy and regulations, Connecticut field trial results, as well as innovative production markets. The event will be a valuable resource for local producers and farmers who are seeking connections in the state as well as knowledge about local issues and opportunities. Planning partners include USDA NRCS, UCONN Extension, and CT RC&D. Generous sponsors include CT Department of Agriculture and CT Farm Bureau.
Please note that limited exhibitor space is available. The exhibitor fee of $50 does not cover individual registrations. Separate registration per attendee is required.
Online registration required at: https://ct-hemp-conference.eventbrite.com
**To pay by check, choose the "Mail-In Check Registration" option online. Make checks payable to CT RC&D, then mail to PO Box 70, Haddam, CT 06438 by Jan. 31st. This is the only way to guarantee your admission.
Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Please call 860.345.3977 for more information.
- 8:00am - Registration, Breakfast, Networking, and Trade Show
- 8:45am - Welcome
- 9:00am - Soil Fertility Recommendations for Hemp Production
- 9:30am - Research Toward All Female and Sterile Hemp
- 10:00am - Break
- 10:30am - No-Till Options for Hemp Production
- 11:00am - Comparing the Horticultural and Field Crop Models of CBD Production
- 11:30am - Pest Management: Chemicals Available and Under Consideration by EPA
- 12 – 1:00pm - Lunch
- 1:00pm - Findings from 2019 Hemp Field Trial in CT
- 1:30pm - Looking Under the Hood of the Cannabis Plant: Molecular Studies of How to Increase End-Product (CBD and THC) Cannabinoid Synthesis in Female Flowers
- 1:45pm - Markets/Processors for Harvested Hemp and Additional Products
- 2:15pm - Growers Panel
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:15pm - Cannabinoids Testing (CBD & THC)
- 3:45pm - Hemp Manufacturing - Consumables
- 4:05pm - Hemp Regulation
- 4:30 – 5:30pm - Social Hour