CONNECTICUT HEMP FEST 2022
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Schedule of Events
3-5 pm: Updates from the Field & Greenhouse
Grower Panel Discussions
5-7 pm: Social, Food & Live Music
Enjoy food and a chance to connect while listening to live music sponsored by CHIA, come see Soul Shot featuring Jamaican Legend Ernie Smith.
3-7 pm A variety of vendors and exhibitors will be at the farm for the duration of the event.
Connecticut Hemp Registration
CT RC&D, along with planning partners USDA NRCS, UCONN Extension, CT Department of Agriculture, and CT Hemp Industry Association (CHIA) will bring together growers, service providers, and businesses interested in the hemp industry for an educational and networking event. The educational portion will include farmer panel discussions covering Hemp IPM as well as reduced tillage for plant growth and soil health. The day will include updates from the field & greenhouse with a Hemp Tour at Running Brook Farm. USDA NRCS will be on site with the Soil Health Rainfall Demo to show the impact of runoff. The second half of the event will include a Seed Swap and Clone Sale. Enjoy food and a chance to connect while listening to live music sponsored by CHIA come see Soul Shot featuring Jamaican Legend Ernie Smith. A variety of vendors and exhibitors will be at the farm for the duration of the event. This event will provide valuable resources for local producers seeking to make connections, gain knowledge, and connect with the Hemp community.
Space is limited to 20 vendors/exhibitors on a first-come / first-served basis. Vendor/Exhibitor registrations received after the limit is reached will be added to our waitlist and contacted directly if any open spaces become available.
The exhibitor area is assigned based on receipt of online exhibitor registration. Vendor/Exhibitors will be sent a plan map and a table number ahead of the conference. There are no fees required for vendor/exhibitor areas at this event, though, when registering, vendors/exhibitors can select the FREE or DONATION option. In addition, each must ALSO register as an individual (General Admission – $15) for the event.
*Those selling items must conform to state and federal regulations.
Comes with 2 tickets, a spot to be an exhibitor, listed on the event webpage.
Comes with 4 tickets, a spot to be an exhibitor, inclusion in event promotion, listed on the event webpage.
Comes with 6 tickets, a spot to be an exhibitor, inclusion in event promotion, listed prominently on the event webpage, opportunity to say a few words during the event welcome.
CONNECTICUT HEMP WEBINAR SERIES 2021 (Past Event)
Connecticuct Hemp Registration
Part 1: Webinar Series for Growers (FREE)
January 20 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Growing CBD Hemp: Regulations, Seed & Hybrid Selection (See agenda & video recording below)
February 17 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Growing Hemp Indoors: Planting, Propagation, & Clones (See agenda & video recording below)
March 17 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Growing Hemp Successfully: Transplanting into the Field, Soil Health, & Fertilizers (See agenda & video recording below) 1.5 DEEP pesticide recertification credit were available for this session.
April 7 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Hemp IPM: Diseases -Scouting & Management (See agenda & video recording below) 1.5 DEEP pesticide recertification credit available for this session.
April 21 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Processing 101 – Lessons From the Field and a Look to the Future (See agenda below & video recording below)
May 5 | 11:45am-1:15pm • WATCH Recording
Hemp IPM: Insect Pests & Weeds (See agenda below) 1.5 DEEP pesticide recertification credit available for this session.
These webinars were live, with opportunities to interact with other growers before and after the talks, and opportunities to ask the speakers questions.
The webinars were recorded so attendees can come back for review, to watch when able, and/or send to other growers.
Links to watch have be posted here and on the CT RC&D YouTube Channel.
CT Hemp Conference & Trade Show (Past Event)
February 26, 2020
Maneeley's Conference Center - South Windsor, CT
Over 270 attended Connecticut's first annual Hemp Conference and Trade Show!
On February 26, 2020, CT RC&D, along with planning partners USDA NRCS and UCONN Extension, brought together advocates, cultivators, and businesses interested in the emerging hemp industry. The conference covered healthy soils practices, local policy and regulations, Connecticut field trial results, as well as innovative production markets. This event provided valuable resources for local producers and farmers seeking connections in the state as well as knowledge about local issues and opportunities. This event was generously sponsored by the CT Department of Agriculture and CT Farm Bureau Association.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:45 AM – Welcome: Commissioner Bryan Hurlburt, CT Department of Agriculture; Bonnie Burr, UConn Extension, Tom Morgart, USDA NRCS; Jeanne Davies, CT RC&D; Don Tuller, CT Farm Bureau Association
- 9:00 AM – Soil Fertility Recommendations for Hemp Production: Dr. Jennifer Gilbert Jenkins, Morrisville State College
- 9:30 AM – Research Toward All Female and Sterile Hemp: Dr. Jessica Lubell-Brand, UConn
- 10:00 AM – Break
- 10:30 AM – No-Till Options for Hemp Production: Jon Anderson, KY Dept. of Fish & Wildlife Resources
- 11:00 AM – Comparing the Horticultural and Field Crop Models of CBD Production: Dr. Jennifer Gilbert Jenkins, Morrisville State College
- 11:30 AM – Pest Management: Chemicals Available and Under Consideration by EPA: Candace L. Bartholomew, UConn Extension
- NOON – Lunch
- 1:00 PM – Findings from 2019 Hemp Field Trial in Connecticut: Dr. Walter Krol & Terri Arsenault, CT Agricultural Experiment Station
- 1:30 PM – Looking Under the Hood of the Cannabis Plant: Molecular Studies of How to Increase End-Product (CBD and THC) Cannabinoid Synthesis in Female Flowers: Dr. Gerald Berkowitz, UConn
- 1:45 PM – Markets/Processors for Harvested Hemp: David Levine MD, CT Valley Hemp Drying & Extraction and Michael Lupario, Western MA Hemp
- 2:15 PM – Growers Panel: Colin Decker, Owen Jarmoc, Dr. Becky Goetsch, and Michael Goodenough
- 3:00 PM – Break
- 3:15 PM – Cannabinoids Testing (CBD & THC): Chris Perkins, UConn
- 3:45 PM – Hemp Manufacturing - Consumables: Attorney Michael Ando, CT Dept. of Consumer Protection
- 4:05 PM – Hemp Regulation: Carole Briggs & Kate Nelson, CT Dept. of Agriculture
- 4:30 PM – Social Hour